Both of the contenders are high-performance NAS storage devices for workgroup, SOHO & home, and SMB users. Both of them come with 4-bay drives but TS-543D can be extended up to 6.
With advanced features like QTS, RRTR, Qsirch, myQNAPcloud, QvPC, and Qsync Technology, both competitors offer a multipurpose storage device with an efficient management system.
Here’s the catch with these devices:
Coming to similarities first, both competitors:
- are equipped with an identical processing unit, encryption engine, and operating system.
- are backed with 3 years of warranty.
- support an equal number of operating systems, languages, and web browsers.
Here the QNAP TS-543D:
- offers a superior processing speed.
- provides a superior write & read throughput.
- has a relatively higher data storage capacity.
- offers more advanced features compared to its competitor.
- is slightly more expensive than its opponent.
- is capable of expansion.
Overall, the QNAP TS-541 is powered by a 64-bit dual-core Intel Celeron processor with a processing speed of 2.41GHz, but it can boost up its processing speed up to 2.58GHz upon intensive tasks. The installed memory of this device is 1GB but it can be upgraded up to 8GB.
And the QNAP TS 543D with its quad-core Intel Celeron processor, provides a processing speed of 2.0GHz but burst up to 2.7GHz upon intensive tasks. Unlike its competitor, it comes with an 86-bit processing architecture. It comes along with a 4GB installed memory and, like its competitor, can be upgraded up to 8GB RAM.
It is well-known for its 2.5GbE connectivity which allows it to provide 2.3GB/s read & write speed.
Side By Side Comparison
QNAP TS 451+
QNAP TS 453D
Compared to TS-541, TS-543D exceeds in processing speed, RAM and flash memory, storage capacity, exceptional features, and read & write throughput.
|Central Processing Unit||Intel Celeron 2.41GHz||Intel Celeron J4125 2.0GHz|
|CPU Architecture and Core||64-bit dual-core processor||64/86-bit quad-core processor|
|Encryption Engine||AES-256 bit volume||AES-256 bit volume|
|Drive Bays/with Expansion||4/No||4/6|
|Reading and Writing Speed||224 & 216MB/s||2.3GB/sec|
Also compare QNAP TS-253D with TS-453D.
Comparing Designs and Hardware:
Both of the competitors have a boxed-shaped design with QNAP TS-451 having a creamy white color while its competitor has a matt black texture.
Both of them have a QNAP logo at the top-left corner on the front side.
They come along with 4 drive bays but TS-453D can be extended up to 6.
QNAP TS-451 is relatively heavier than its competitor but is also smaller in size.
Both of them are equipped with LED status indicating lights on their front panel for showing the working status of power, LAN, USB, and hard drives.
There is also a USB button, along with a 3.0 USB port, on the front panel of both contenders which allows users to transfer data from NAS to USB and vice versa.
The power button on the front panel is used to turn the device ON/OFF or shut it down.
The rear panel of both contenders is comprised of many components like USB ports, an exhaust fan, an HDMI port, LAN ports, a power connector, a Kensington security slot, and a reset button.
HDMI port allows you to connect your NAS storage device with display devices to utilize the devices as video players as well along with storage devices.
A Kensington security slot is available for the Kensington locks to protect the device from being theft.
A reset button is used to reset the stored configuration of the devices.
QNAP TS-453D is also equipped with a PCIe slot for the expansion purpose.
Despite having different textures, both of them are attractive-looking devices.
But the QNAP TS-453D takes the lead in the hardware section since can be upgraded to have additional drive bays, an extra USB 2.0 port, and a PCIe port.
|Dimensions (HxWxD), mm||169x160x219||168×170×226|
|Net Weight, kg||3||2.26|
|USB 2.0 ports||2||3|
|USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports||2||2|
|LED Indicators||Status, LAN, USB, HDD 1-4||Power/Status, LAN, USB, HDD1-4|
|System Warning||Alarm Buzzer||Alarm Buzzer|
|Buttons||USB One-Touch-Backup, Power/Status, Reset||USB copy, Power, Reset|
|Exhaust Fan||1x12cm, 12VDC||1x12cm, 12VDC|
|Ethernet LAN Port (RJ-45)||2xGigabit Ethernet port||2×2.5GbE port|
|Kensington Security slot||1||1|
Features QNAP TS 451 Offers:
- Its operating system, an intuitive user interface of QTS, allows you to operate the device efficiently and in a more user-friendly environment.
- Its Qsirch feature allows its user to search for their videos, documents, images, etc. quickly and more effectively.
- Its myQNAPcloud feature allows you to make the device your own personal cloud devices which you can access from anywhere.
- It also provides the facility of real-time video transcoding which allows you to smoothly play your stored video on your PC, mobile, and other devices.
- You can watch HD quality films stored on the TS-451 using DLNA-compatible devices including Sony PlayStation, Smart TVs, Microsoft Xbox 360, and other media players. And you can also use the Qfile app on IOS devices to play videos on TV via Apple TV.
- Users can also link the device to an HDTV using the HDMI 1.4a connector to enjoy their rich multimedia stuff on the big screen.
- With its QvPC, you can also use TS-451 as a Personal Computer after plugging in a mouse, keyboard, and monitor.
- It supports NFS, CIFS/SMB, and AFP protocols for the file-sharing process across Mac, Windows, and UNIX/Linux.
- It is featured with a data recovery solution named RRTR (Real-Time Remote Replication) that supports real-time and scheduled data backup operations.
- With the QGet utility, it provides you with a 24/7 downloading service.
- With its Qsync Technology, it offers a Dropbox-like file synchronization service which means that any file which is being uploaded to TS-451 would be available on all the connected devices as well.
- With its Notes Station feature, you can have a secure & private channel to collaborate and share digital notes.
- It provides many management tools such as Instant Alert Notification, Wakes on LAN, Resource Monitor, Comprehensive Event Logs, etc. to increase your management efficiency.
- Utilizing the benefits of expandable NAS storage, QVR Pro enables you to set up a separate, independent storage facility for surveillance data on the TS-541.
Features of QNAP TS 453D:
TS-543D is equipped with all the features mentioned above in the TS-541-feature section. But there are still some unique features that TS-543D has.
- Its installed 5/10 GbE network card allows lightning-fast throughput for bandwidth-requiring operations such as massive data transmission, fast restoration, and virtualization.
- You can also turn the device into a wireless adapter by connecting a QNAP QWA-AC2600 wireless adapter.
- HybridMount is a file-based cloud gateway installed in TS-543D, which allows you to expand your storage device by connecting it with cloud storage.
- With hyper data protector, it becomes an agentless backup tool for Microsoft® Hyper-V VM and VMware vSphere backup.
- Through its PCIe port, it allows you to expand its storage capacity.
Hence TS-543D clearly wins the race since it is equipped with the features as its competitor along with some advanced additional features.
Processing Speed Differences:
Even though the processing speed/clock speed of QNAP TS-541 exceeds its competitor but it would still be inferior since it has a dual-core processor while its competitor has a quad-core processor.
The total processing speeds of both are 4.82GHz (2.41×2) and 8GHz (2×4).
So the winner here is QNAP TS-543D in this respect.
Differences in Read and Write Speed:
The reading and writing speed of TS-541 is 224 & 216MB/s while its competitor has a reading and writing speed of 2.3GB/s each.
So, QNAP 543 again is better here.
Differences in Storage Capacity:
The flash storage and maximum raw storage of TS-543D are comparatively higher than its competitor which indicates its superiority in this contest as well.
|Maximum Raw Capacity||54TB||64TB|
Differences in Warranty
Both of the contenders are backed with 3 years of warranty.
But the Advance Replacement Service (ARS) of QNAP provides an optional warranty service that allows its customers to extend their warranty period up to 5 years.